Company: High Commission of Malta
Industry: Administrative & Office
Location: Accra & Tema Region
Job Status: Administrative Assistant
Salary: ¢1,500 – 1,799
Education: High School (S.S.C.E)
Experience: 3 years
Job Expires: N/A
The High Commission of Malta is seeking an Administrative Assistant on a full-time basis.
- Minimum Qualification: High School (S.S.C.E)
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 3 years
The Driver/Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing a safe, efficient and effective service to the High Commissioner as well as other staff as required. This includes professional and safe driving services and efficient messenger and administrative support. The Driver ensures that the vehicle he/she is responsible of is always clean, in good running condition and regular maintenance schedules are followed.
The position has the following key accountabilities:
- Safe driving;
- Regularly check the driving schedules and liaise regularly with the PA to the High Commissioner regarding the driving requirements for the day;
- Provide safe and punctual driving services to all passengers, including assisting with luggage etc.;
- Be familiar with the best routes to and from destinations, including to the airport, and be prepared to alter driving routes when traffic/weather conditions warrant;
- Ensure availability through a cell phone at all times when on duty;
- Undertake messenger and delivery service as required;
- Maintain the vehicle to a high standard, ensuring it is clean and safe to drive at all times;
- Carry out regular maintenance checks of vehicle, taking into account the position’s requirements for vehicle usage;
- Ensure all vehicles have adequate fuel at all times;
- Record all mileage and fuel purchase reporting requirements as per the High Commission’s policy and procedure;
- Obtain receipts for all fuel, toll and parking costs and account for all expenditure;
- Assist with the registration and deregistration of official and personal vehicles with relevant Ghanaian authorities;
- Provide support with the sorting and distribution of inward mail and dispatch of outward mail;
- Preparing the conference room for official functions and meetings;
- Assist with the periodic checks of inventories and the asset register;
- Undertake other administrative tasks as required.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to;
- Be aware of and adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures;
- Ability and availability to work outside of normal working hours on occasion.
- Be familiar with relevant Security Instructions and adhere to these at all times;
- Defensive Driving skills are to be used at all times;
- Do all possible to ensure passenger’s safety;
- Undertake additional duties and after hours duties as required.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- Must have significant professional driving experience e.g. providing chauffeur services, driving senior officials or dignitaries or similar;
- Good knowledge and experience of general car maintenance;
- Hold a current, clean driver’s licence and be able to drive safely and with confidence in local conditions;
- Cheerful, courteous and cooperative manner in dealings with all members of the High Commissioner’s household, High Commission staff, and vehicle passengers;
- Possess initiative and ability to work independently without close supervision while demonstrating the ability to work cooperatively and supportively as a part of a team;
- Possess a strong achievement/delivery focus – sets high standards including accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to work autonomously and within guidelines, demonstrating the use of sound judgement;
- Ability to anticipate issues and problems and think of creative solutions;
- Displays personal integrity and an honest and ethical approach;
- A working knowledge of Microsoft applications and computer literacy;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and local languages.
Type of Position: Full-time, Permanent
Working hours per week: 40
Type of Post: High Commission of Malta
Start Date: July 2019
Resumé and cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed. Candidates would also need to submit a clean police conduct before start date.