Company: Old Mutual Life Assurance Company
Industry: Banking, Finance & Insurance
Category: Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Location: Accra & Tema Region
Job Status: Junior Actuary
Experience: 3 years
Job Expires: N/A
This role is responsible for carrying out technical actuarial work, often using complex systems and packages and for signing off work. The incumbent will also assist in the pricing and product development activity of the team including market-consistent value of new business, value for money metrics, and incorporation of economic capital in pricing models.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Old Mutual is a premium African financial services organisation that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key market segments in 17 countries. The lines of business include Life and Savings, Property and Casualty, Asset Management and Banking and Lending. We are rooted in our purpose of Championing Mutually Positive Futures Every Day and believe that a great customer experience is anchored in a great employee experience.
Job Title: Junior Actuary
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra
- Carries out technical actuarial work, often using complex systems and packages.
- Provide support on relevant aspects of the engagement with the group insurance entities related to pricing and product development activity
- Performs checks, and puts procedures in place, to ensure actuarial calculations are accurate.
- Checks, manipulates and analyses volumes of data and draws conclusions from the analyses.
- Responsible for technical accuracy and implementation of work.
- Translates actuarial concepts into client – friendly terminology.
Qualification and Requirements
- Associate Actuary or Actuarial student with a minimum of 11 actuarial credit with the IFoA or SOA equivalent.
- Good knowledge of Insurance products, regulation and financial reporting.
- Desirable to have knowledge of Prophet and/or SAS.
- Ability to communicate information in a confident and structure manner to all levels of management.
- Ability to influence business managers, to establish and maintain co- operation.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to operate within cross functional teams.
- Flexibility to assist in other areas within the broader Actuarial and Risk Analytics team as requested.
- Significant leadership and customer relationship management skills.
- Technical Knowledge
Suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit their applications together with detailed CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org