Company: GIS and Operations Room Operations
Industry: Banking, Finance & Insurance
Category: IT & Software
Location: Brong-Ahafo Region
Job Status: Operations Room Supervisor
Salary: ¢ Confidential
Experience: 3 years
Job Expires: N/A
Form Ghana Limited seeks the expertise of aGIS/ Operations Room Supervisor to join its team and assist in GIS and Operations Room operations.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Form Ghana is an FSC certified, internationally leading forest Plantation Company started in 2007 and managing 20,000 hectares of land with 10,000 hectares reforested with teak and indigenous
tree plantations and nature conservation areas.
Job Title: Assistant GIS/Operations Room Supervisor
Job Location: Berekum, Bono Region
- Collection of standard geographical information example data capturing (digitizing) and developing maps to GIS data sets
- Creating and maintaining the structures necessary for GIS data storage
- Manipulation, analysis and presentation of geographical information by creating programs to convert GIS information from one format to another
- Developing internet applications to present GIS data and tools
- Assist in demarcation work in the field
- Supervise the activities of the Operations Room Operators
- Mobilize and manage workers to deliver the best
- Respond to essential information among company team members
- Submit accurate daily and monthly report to your Supervisor
- Perform any other duties that will be assigned to you not exceeding your competence and capacities
Qualification and Requirements
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in surveying, geographic or land information systems, or an equivalent course of study.
- Knowledge and experience working with GIS software packages, Google Maps, web-based GIS applications and Microsoft Office packages.
- At least 3 years working experience in this field
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office Package, especially the use of Microsoft Excel to a high standard (use of formulas, sorting data, formatting data, etc.) and specific software such as ArcGIS
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as presentation skills;
- Familiarity with at least one statistical software package is desired
- The ability to work well under pressure, either in a team or with minimum or no supervision, whilst ensuring constant consultation with the supervisor.
- Strong documentation/reporting skills with an emphasis on accurate recording of data.
Application and CV could be delivered by hand at Sunyani or Berekum or Akumadan site or posted to:
The Human Resource and Development Manager
Form Ghana Limited
P. O. Box SYI 211
Deadline: 16th August, 2019 at 12 noon